Information You Provide
Some areas of the Site may ask you to submit personal information for you to benefit from the specified features (such as newsletter subscriptions, tips/pointers, or order processing) or to participate in a particular activity (such as sweepstakes or other promotions). You will be informed of what information is required and what information is optional. We may combine the information you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether on- or offline, including, for example, your purchase history. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, such as other DiscoverFresh Foods Inc. Operating Companies, publicly available information sources (including information from your publicly available social media profiles), and other third parties.
Passive Information Collection and Use
As you navigate around the Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information), using various technologies. We and our third party service providers passively collect and use information in a variety of ways, including:
Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Site through a mobile device.
You can refuse to accept these cookies by following your browser’s instructions; however, if you do not accept them, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site. You may also not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Using Flash cookies: Our use of Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Stored Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) allows us to, among other things, serve you with more tailored information, facilitate your ongoing access to and use of the Site, and collect and store information about your use of the Site. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Site or our online content.
Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and e-mail recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, such as a unique device identifier.
How We Use and Disclose Information
We use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection. We also use information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or e-mail alerts;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, personalizing your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
We also disclose information collected through the Site:
- to our third party partners with whom we offer a co-branded or co-marketed promotion;
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail and direct mail delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services; and
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). In addition, we use and disclose information collected through the Site as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) as permitted by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We may also use and disclose information collected through the Site in other ways, with your consent.
We also use and disclose information we collect passively as described above, under “Passive Information Collection and Use,” and for any other purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law (for example, if we are required to treat such information as personal information). In addition, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. By commenting you agree that your comments will be made publicly available as well as your name that is provided by you.
How you can access, change, or delete your personal information You can access change or delete your personal information by visiting our Contact Us page. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age 13, and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Site or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide sensitive information, we will do so with your express consent.